Knowing where to go when a health situation arises is important to get the proper care you need. In Puerto Rico there are urgent care centers and emergency rooms and knowing what they are and how they can help you is essential to receive the help you need.
URGENT CARE CENTERS
Urgent care centers offer patients quick (or easy) access to medical care that should not wait, but do not require a visit to an emergency room because your life is not in danger.
Benefits of Urgent Care Centers
- No appointment needed
- No long waits
- Night hours, weekends and holidays
Visit an urgent care center in case of:
- Ear or eye infection
- Cuts that may require stitches
- Possibility of broken bones or simple fractures
- Severe sore throat
- Vomiting/ Diarrhea
Emergency rooms provide you with medical attention (or medical care) for serious, life-threatening health situations.
Emergency room treatments usually require:
- Immediate blood transfusions
- CT scans
- Placing intravenous lines
Visit the Emergency Room for treatment of:
- Chest pain or feeling of pressure in the chest.
- Seizures or loss of consciousness
- Severe pain in the abdomen
- Sudden paralysis or slurred speech
- Severe bleeding (or Hemorrhage)
We hope you have learned the difference in seeking the care you need, when you need it.